Simple Ways To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Las Vegas Home
February 21, 2022
With just the mere mention of their name, cockroaches instill a feeling of dirtiness and generate visions of unsanitary conditions for most people. If you suddenly just got itchy, it was probably just from seeing that word in print. Cockroaches are found worldwide and this region is no stranger to these filthy bugs. Read on to learn how to keep cockroaches away from your Las Vegas home, and how partnering with the best cockroach pest control in Las Vegas, Anderson Pest Control, can rid your home from a cockroach infestation.
Are These Cockroaches In My Las Vegas Home?
Cockroaches are scavengers that have an oval-shaped body, long antennae, and run around on six spiny-covered legs. Most species have wings, but luckily most of them cannot fly. There are several species that are common to the Las Vegas area, so if you see one or two scurrying across your kitchen floor or countertop, it’s a good bet they are one of the following:
- German cockroaches: These cockroaches are small and tannish-brown, with two dark parallel lines between the head and thorax.
- American cockroaches: American cockroaches are large and reddish-brown, with a pale, yellow figure-eight mark right behind the head.
- Turkestan cockroaches: These are small, dark brown to jet black roaches, with cream-colored markings behind the head and along the body’s edge.
- Oriental cockroaches: Also known as "water bugs," these cockroaches are shiny and black, with an elongated, pill-shaped body.
Some signs of cockroach infestation include piles of rice-shaped droppings, brown smear marks on the floor or walls, and piles of shed skins or small white eggshells.
Why Is It So Bad To Have Cockroaches In My Las Vegas Home?
Cockroaches love spending their time in filthy areas, like garbage bins, drains, sewers, and toilets. Because they spend their time in these places, they tend to pick up bacteria and pathogens which they can carry into your Las Vegas home and contaminate your food and surfaces and make you and your family ill. Some of the pathogens these pests are known to spread include:
- E. coli
Cockroach allergens can also cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma attacks, especially in children, so this is yet another reason you do not want them in your Las Vegas home.
How Can I Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations In My Las Vegas Home?
There are some ways to prevent these pests from entering your home. The following tips may be successful in keeping them out:
- Eliminate areas of moisture like leaky pipes, dripping faucets, and air conditioners.
- Keep basements and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Regularly remove trash from your home and store it in bins with locking lids.
- Store trash bins away from the exterior of your home.
- Seal holes in the foundation of your home to eliminate entry points.
- Install door sweeps and place covers over vents and drains.
- Keep your kitchen free of sticky spills and food debris.
- Keep food stored in airtight containers or in the refrigerator.
These methods on how to keep cockroaches away should be helpful, but if an infestation of German cockroaches or any of the other cockroaches that are native to the Las Vegas area has already started in your home, it may be time to enlist the help of a professional pest control service.
Can I Get Rid Of Roaches In My Las Vegas House On My Own?
You don’t want your family to experience any of the illnesses associated with cockroaches. Getting rid of them on your own is a nearly impossible task, so enlisting the help of a professional service for German cockroach treatment or any of the other cockroaches that may have found their way into your home is definitely the recommended course of action. Look no further than Anderson Pest Control for your cockroach pest control in Las Vegas. We will look for signs of cockroach infestation in your Las Vegas home and come up with a plan on how to keep cockroaches away and get rid of them for good. Our service team at Anderson Pest Control will help find the right integrated solution to solve your cockroach problem once and for all. We have been providing the highest level of pest control and customer service since 2002, so give us a call today.