The Easiest Way To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Las Vegas Home
October 24, 2022
Feeling something crawl over you when in bed will make you jump up, run for the light switch, and rip back the sheets. We don't want things walking over us in bed — especially cockroaches! Walking into the bathroom in the dark, turning on the light, and seeing cockroaches running down the drain is also something we don't want in our homes. No one wants to go into the kitchen for a late-night snack and see roaches scampering under the appliances for cover.
If cockroaches are in your house, you need our Las Vegas pest control experts from Anderson Pest Control. We have eliminated pests for twenty years with exceptional, personalized, environmentally-safe service. We are experts in cockroach removal.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Here are three cockroach facts about these unique creatures:
- Cockroaches can go headless: Because arteries and veins are not necessary to the circulatory system in these pests, and since a cockroach can breathe through holes in its body segments, it does not need its head to survive! Headless cockroaches die due to the inability to get water into the body.
- Cockroaches can hold their breath: If you think you can drown a cockroach, you'd better have free time because they can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
- Cockroaches are fast: These filthy pests can travel up to three miles per hour and quickly contaminate house items.
These are just a few of the fun facts about cockroaches!
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
A cockroach infestation can cause many problems for Las Vegas homeowners. Because they are transporters of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasitic worms, the main issue is the spread of disease. Cockroaches cause allergic reactions and skin rashes in children and the elderly by fecal matter on surfaces and from crawling over sleeping people.
In some people, cockroaches create katsaridaphobia, a debilitating fear of the cockroaches in the house. Cockroaches damage food products by chewing through thin plastic bags using their powerful mandibles. Another problem is the musty, foul odor their pheromones generate.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
The best way to avoid cockroaches in your home is to prevent them from entering the house. These preventive methods are how to keep cockroaches away from your home:
- Seal cracks and crevices in the home
- Plant plants that repel cockroaches like eucalyptus and bay leaves
- Remove wet piles of leaves near the house
- Seal exterior garbage containers
- Water the lawn only during the day
Deter cockroaches from staying in your Las Vegas home by disinfecting kitchen cabinets quarterly and cleaning countertop surfaces after cooking and eating. Also, remove pet food from containers before bed and store it in a sealed container. Store all food in air-tight receptacles, and do not leave out fruit or food on countertops overnight. Regularly vacuum the house using a wand attachment to suction cracks.
Professional Cockroach Control Services For Las Vegas Homes
Four types of cockroaches common to the Las Vegas area are American, German, Oriental, and Turkestan. Because we have a variety of cockroach species, it is imperative to have experts who know the habits of each species. Our decades of experience and education guide us in developing a customized treatment plan of attack to eliminate the roaches in your Las Vegas home.
If you find a cockroach in your house, you need professionals from Anderson Pest Control who can identify the bug and develop an effective, safe, and green action plan. We have been serving the Las Vegas area since 2002 with high-quality, personalized pest control. Request a free quote, partner with us, and we will eliminate the cockroach infestation in your home.