Why Are The Cockroaches In Las Vegas So Hard To Get Rid Of?
March 20, 2022
They say when the world ends, there will still somehow be cockroaches. These bugs are notorious for sticking around, even when you go to great lengths to study how to get rid of cockroaches in your Las Vegas home. Following these tips and tricks can help you safely and effectively get rid of cockroaches once and for all.
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade Las Vegas Homes
There are three main types of cockroaches in the city of Las Vegas. Typically, American, German, and Oriental varieties can be found locally.
- American cockroaches are usually a reddish-brown color and have a yellow “figure-eight” pattern on their back. These are the largest of the cockroach varieties, as they can grow over 2 inches in length.
- German cockroaches are the smallest of the three types of Las Vegas cockroaches. They usually are less than 1/2 inch in length, and are a lighter brown or tan color.
- Oriental cockroaches are a dark black, ranging around 1 inch in length. These are less common but sometimes found in Las Vegas.
Are Cockroaches In Las Vegas Harmful To My Health?
Typically, cockroaches are associated with garbage, dirty environments, and an overall negative reputation. Unfortunately, cockroaches can infest even the cleanest of homes, and they bring with them everything they've picked up while moving through unsanitary environments. But cockroaches' “gross factor” isn’t the only characteristic you should be concerned about when ridding your Las Vegas home of them.
Cockroaches are also harmful to your health. The diseases cockroaches carry include salmonellosis, typhoid fever, cholera, gastroenteritis, dysentery, listeriosis, giardia, and even E. coli infection. Cockroaches carry bacteria, often feeding off of waste such as trash piles, yard debris, and sewage.
Why Can't I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My Las Vegas Home?
The most frustrating part of cockroaches is their longevity. They are extremely difficult to get rid of once they are discovered. Cockroaches are hard to get out of your Las Vegas home for a number of reasons:
- They reproduce quickly and breed a large amount of offspring.
- Cockroaches can easily hide in a wide variety of hard-to-reach spaces.
- Some species are resistant to many common over-the-counter pesticides.
- Cockroaches undergo molt stages and regrow limbs, seal wounds, and can even live without a head for up to a week
At Anderson Pest Control, we have tried and true methods of getting rid of your cockroach problem. We will evaluate your property, develop a treatment plan, and follow the execution up with thorough inspections.
Effective & Safe Cockroach Control For Las Vegas Homes
The best way to get rid of cockroaches in your Las Vegas home is to trust the professionals. These pests can be extremely difficult to exterminate on your own. Commonly sold products don’t often do the trick, and given their ability to hide, there's little chance you'll eliminate an entire infestation.
At Anderson Pest Control, we're just a phone call away. We can develop a treatment program to fit your exact needs and treat the cockroaches in your home, getting rid of them for good. Since 2002, we have been the local source for a pest-free home. Don’t wait to make your home a safer and cleaner space for you and your family.