Professional Pest Control For Southern Highlands, NV Properties
Southern Highlands, NV is a breathtaking master-planned community nestled in the foothills of Las Vegas. With gorgeous landscaping, beautiful homes, and prime access to the best of Las Vegas, it's not surprising that so many people desire to live in this community. Unfortunately, such popularity and landscaping bring the potential for pest infestations as well. Pests transmit diseases, cause property damage, and even pose direct threats to a person's well being. For these reasons and more, professional pest control services are often needed.
Since 2002, our team has successfully served residential and commercial properties, which is largely thanks to our commitment to superior customer service and unmatched results. Don't settle for anything less than the best in pest control by reaching out to Anderson Pest Control today. We'll get you back to pest-free in no time.
Home Pest Control In Highlands, NV
At home, you're supposed to feel secure and free from harm. Unfortunately, invading pests are easily able to make those feelings impossible. We find that unacceptable, which is why we've successfully treated more than 2,000 homes and are happy to do the same for you.
With a comprehensive inspection, our team can quickly get to the bottom of your unique situation and come up with a customized treatment plan. Our plans are backed by the best products and our tried-and-true IPM (Integrated Pest Management) strategies for results that can't be beaten.
Don't delay experiencing pest control that provides the results you deserve. Contact our team today to get started and explore your residential pest control options.
How To Control Bed Bugs In Southern Highlands, Nevada
Bed bugs are a terrible pest to deal with since they sneak in without notice and dine on your blood. While they don't directly transmit diseases, that doesn't mean you want to be dinner every single night either. Fortunately, you can control bed bug infestation by doing the following:
- Vacuum and clean high traffic areas
- Inspect and clean your pet's bedding for bed bugs
- Keep clothes and bags off the floor at home and when traveling
- Wash all new clothes in hot water
- Use high heat when drying bedding, clothing, and other similar items
- Inspect all secondhand furniture and other belongings
Without exception, the best way to control bed bug populations is to make use of professional bed bug control services as soon as you suspect an infestation. Contact Anderson Pest Control today to get started and become bed bug-free in no time.
What To Know About Scorpions In Southern Highlands, Nevada
Scorpions are common in the Las Vegas area thanks to being a desert. While they are a fact of life, they still don't belong in your home. The following are things everyone should know about scorpions:
- Sting: Scorpions sting and inject venom into your body. The venom causes a range of reactions, which is why medical attention might be needed.\
- Arizona Bark Scorpion: This is the most dangerous species and is potentially fatal for young children and the elderly.
- Darkness Is Their Ally: Scorpions like to hide and prefer places like the garbage, under floorboards, in piles, and other dark places.
- Entry Points Count: Scorpions get inside like any other pest, which is why sealing the entry points is vital in scorpion control.
- Nocturnal: Scorpions are nocturnal, which makes them harder to detect. Exercise caution if you suspect a scorpion infestation.
Keep your property protected from scorpion infestations by securing the services of Anderson Pest Control. Contact us today to identify your scorpion control needs and keep safe from this potentially painful pest.
Commercial Pest Control In Highlands, NV
The last thing your business needs is an out-of-control pest invasion. Pests contaminate your inventory, cause health problems, and can even lead to bad reviews or code violations. Fortunately, you can stay focused on your business while keeping it protected by partnering with Anderson Pest Control.
We're experienced in treating a range of industries and provide a treatment plan customized to your needs and wants. After the initial treatment, we'll provide follow-up services to ensure there aren't any issues down the road that could become huge problems.
Reach out to our team at Anderson Pest Control today to explore your commercial pest control options. We're happy to keep your business protected every day year after year.
Don't Underestimate The Dangers Of Cockroaches In Your Southern Highlands Home
A cockroach infestation can happen to anyone, not just 'dirty' homes. Should you be unfortunate enough to find cockroaches in your home, consider calling for expert help immediately because a cockroach infestation can expose you to some of the following illnesses:
- Campylobacteriosis: This is an intense gastrointestinal illness that causes severe fever, stomach cramps, and bloody diarrhea. Nausea and vomiting may also occur, and the symptoms usually last about a week.
- Listeria: This infection typically shows up in the form of a fever, chills, muscle aches, nausea, and diarrhea. If left untreated, the condition will spread to your nervous system and cause convulsions, loss of balance, a headache, stiff neck, and confusion.
- Typhoid fever: It should be no surprise that the main symptom of this illness is a severe, high fever. Other symptoms include loss of appetite, stomach pain, headache, and weakness.
- Salmonella: Another gastrointestinal illness, salmonella causes severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and a fever.
At Anderson Pest Control, our technicians safely exterminate cockroaches and minimize exposure to these harmful illnesses. If you have found these pests in your home, don't wait. Reach out to us, and we will help make your home a safe place to be once more.
Four Ways To Prevent Pigeons From Hanging Around Your Southern Highlands Property
When it comes to pest control, many people forget about the need for bird control. Here in Southern Highlands, the pigeons are plentiful, and they can quickly overwhelm your property and cause damage. Below are some ways you can lessen the appeal of your property:
- Install anti-roosting spike strips: Place these spike strips anywhere pigeons have been roosting, and they will keep them from being able to return and use those spots.
- Tie a string across roost spots: You can also prevent pigeons from roosting on your property is to tie a string on those spots, as they act like spike strips.
- Remove food sources: Make sure any garbage is picked up from your yard, as this will lessen the appeal of your property.
- Remove water sources: If you have a birdbath, you may want to consider removing it, as this will take away a vital water source for pigeons.
If you are still struggling with the pigeons on your property, give Anderson Pest Control a call! We specialize in bird control and can assist with any bird problem, not just the pigeons. Contact us to learn more.
Keeping Your Southern Highlands Home Rodent-Free In 2022
There are many types of rodents here in Southern Highlands, but the following prevention tips will help keep all of them out of your home:
- Seal up entry points: Go around your home and locate any cracks, crevices, and holes. Immediately seal them up, as this is one of the most popular ways rodents get inside your home.
- Clear out clutter: Start by clearing out your garage, attic, and basement. Organize your material items, and place boxes in a way that does not provide rodents with a safe place to nest.
- Fix leaky pipes and fixtures: Like all other pests, rodents need water. By fixing leaky plumbing, you will make the place less appealing to them.
No matter what types of rodents might have found a way into your home, Anderson Pest Control has the tools and knowledge needed to eradicate them and keep them from coming back. For help rodent-proofing, give us a call.
Why Am I Seeing So Many Spiders In My Southern Highlands Home?
If you have noticed an influx of spiders crawling around your home, it could be that you have some areas of your property that are conducive to these pests. Below are some of the things that spiders find appealing:
- Holes: Even the tiniest holes in your window screens and sides of your house will grant access to spiders.
- Leaky pipes and faucets: Some common house spiders are attracted to water and moisture buildup in the air. Any leaky pipes or fixtures make your bathroom and basement especially appealing.
- Firewood: If you are storing firewood close to your home, this will make it easier for spiders to crawl along the sidings of your house and find entry points.
- Lighting: spiders are attracted to lights. Having exterior lighting on your home can unintentionally attract spiders, and having them so close to your doors will allow them to sneak in rather easily.
Whether you're finding common house spiders or even the more dangerous kinds, Anderson Pest Control has the spider control treatments you need to exterminate them safely. Contact us today if you're looking to keep the spiders out of your home.